Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to School!!

Did this summer fly right by, or is it just me?! I got up early this morning, made the kids breakfast and helped Breanna with her hair. Then I gathered them outside for a few "1st Day BTS 2009-10" photos, prayed with them, and off they went to wait for the bus! Breanna is about to experience her first day of HIGH SCHOOL!...and Dawson is a big 5th grader! My babies are growing up SO fast!!

As we slid through the morning routine, I couldn't help but think of how this will be the last "1st Day of B-T-S" without Khloe. We find ourselves doing that often: Saying, "next time we do this, Khloe will be here." Or "I wonder what Khloe will do (or think of _ ) when..." So as we anxiously await bringing home our youngest daughter from China, we also remember to gear down and treasure the present. Life goes by SO quickly! The older we get, the quicker it flies by. So this morning I am reminded to slow down just a bit... long enough to smell the roses and appreciate the blessings around me! <><


19 comments:

Valerie and Jeff said...

Wow, first day of school! This summer did go SO fast! But isn't It so wonderful to look forward together with your family about the next time you all will reach these milestones but with one more member of the family. Truly a blessing! And it's also great to hear you cherishing the present even if you are excited about what the future holds :-) We are looking forward with you all too!

Anonymous said...

I love bts (maybe that's only because I don't have to go!). We live a couple blocks from an elementary school and it's so much fun/cute to watch the kids and have the hustle bustle of buses in the morning.

Tara Anderson said...

My heart jumps for joy at the thought of Khloe being HOME this time next year!!! What a delight it will be when she is there with you...an active member of your family's memory-making experiences! She is going to be so in love with her big brother and big sister. I wouldn't be suprised if this time next year she's crying because SHE wants to get on the school bus with them!

Jill said...

Time does fly by. I can't wait to see what Khole thinks about the first day of school and life's other big events too!

richterfamily said...

Glad to see I wasnt in the backgound while you were taking back to school pics. You would have caught me in my old robe and bright blue socks. HA! I always try to freak Jake out by dressing bad and saying I am going to walk to the bus with him. Ive done it every year and I think the boys secretly love it.

Becca said...

Nope, it's not just you! Summer flew by so, so fast! Hope the kids had a wonderful first day of school. Even though I am thrilled not to be the student anyone, I do miss those first days/week of school. Oh, everything was so new and fresh! :)

Kami said...

You know, it's not as fun to comment on someone's blog when you've seen them that day and discussed the contents of their blog before you read it! :)

Thanks for today, it was some much needed girl time for me :) I love you!

Unknown said...

Awww...the first day of school! Always so bittersweet :) I pray it was a good one, for both your kiddos and you! Your children are beautiful!

Kim said...

Your kids are beautiful...okay I'm sure Dawson wouldn't appreciate that...maybe handsome would be a better word to describe him :-)

I bet they can't wait until they can get their hands on Miss Khloe....and I can't wait to see it :-)

Kim

Tami said...

Hi Tanya!

Yes, where did it go??? Our summer was a blurr:-)!

How did I NOT know Dawson is in the same grade as Nathan?? And wow...you have a high schooler on your hands now....exciting stuff! Hope their first day went well.

Don't you know it...enjoy your personal time, and time with just the older kids....before you know it, you'll have one adorable toddler running around:-)!!

Life is good....and yes, our God is SOOOO good!

Love you! T

The Byrd's Nest said...

These are just awesome pictures! Just think next year she will be waving from the porch and she will be there waiting for them when they come home! So sweet....I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I liked the picture of the bus pulling away--I look at it and just sigh to myself, knowing that feeling of "there my babies go once again, growing older..." It is so neat that you can know Khloe is on her way home soon and will join you for these special days. My dad was able to visit New Day 2 days ago. He said it was amazing. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but he said he took a bunch and really enjoyed playing with the children. Really fun that he was able to visit!

The Ferrill's said...

Hey Tanya! It's good to catch up on your blog; your family just oozes the love! I know you are anxiously awaiting being DTC...me too friend! ;)
Love,
Laine

quilt'n-mama said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! What a beautiful family you have! I am excited to see all your fabrics for your 100 Good Wishes quilt too:)
Blessings,
Gayly
quilt-n-mama. blogspot. com
Quiltnmamaquilts. blogspot. com

Ohilda said...

Your kids are beautiful. And yes, they grow sooooo fast!!

MJ said...

Yes, it is good to cherish the present time as it's so fleeting, while keeping an eye on the horizon.

That's right, next year Khloe will be waving good-bye with you on the porch. Bittersweet thought...since she's not here yet, but so much more sweet because she WILL be!

I'm praying we get our kiddos by the end of the year!

((hugs)) to Breanna for surviving the first day of high school!

3 Peanuts said...

Looks and sounds like a good first day:)

Me Addison And Our Boys said...

Wow Breanna looks so much like you! I hope they enjoyed school...we sent Logan off to Kindergarten this year, so weird and you're right time does fly and where DID our summer go???

day by day said...

The summer sure did fly by!! The first day of school always brings some excitement...there is a newness about it that is fun...no matter how old our kids are! I hope they have a wonderful school year!!

love,
Michelle