
I unwrapped the first layer to find this:

And what was inside? ....
Is this super-duper cute, or WHAT?!
And she even had it monogrammed with Khloe's name on it! TOO CUTE!! :)Thank You, Rhonda and family!! ...WE absolutely LOVE it!
And as if that wasn't already enough to put a HUGE smile on my face. Breanna walked out to the mailbox to see what esle the post man had delivered, and brought in a large envelope which contained yet ANOTHER surprise!
Many of you already know about Lindsay. She is a very special teenager that has spent the past couple of summers volunteering at the foster home where our Khloe is. She spent a lot of time with her when she was there and Khloe will always hold a special place in Lindsay's heart. When she found out we had been matched, she tracked me down and shared her congratulations and joy of knowing that Khloe would now have a 'forever family' of her own. She has blessed me with some wonderful photos that she had posted on her Facebook account (and I 'borrowed') of her time there... many that are of our beautiful daughter. Lindsay returned to America the day after Khloe turned 18 mos, but before she did, she and Khloe made a very special and priceless gift for me. It is something that I will treasure for as long as I live! THANK YOU LINDS!!! :)
The photos say it all!!....




These handprints will be framed and placed where I can see them every day. It is not a photocopy...but I have the actual piece of paper that my daughter's hands touched. When I touched my hands over her little prints, I can't even begin to tell you the emotions that overcame me. To know that our little princess touched that very same piece of paper with her little hands. I don't know...I guess I'm just a sentimental sap! But I will look at it everyday until our precious girl comes 'home' and one day it will make it's way into her lifebook to be a keepsake that we will always have to remind us of this special journey and the wonderful people who have blessed us along the way!! God is GOOD! <><


















36 comments:
How wonderful to have a connection to Khloe that you can touch with your own two hands! God knew exactly what you needed...and He was so faithful to provide it. Gosh, I love Him!!!!
aww! that was so sweet of Lindsay! I didn't know she did that!
**optical leakage**
Those handprints.... I can't even imagine what it must have been like to place your hands over them. The fingerprints of God are all over this story, right along with the handprints of Khloe!
Love the package with the surprise for Khloe too! :o) What a great weekend for your family!
That is SO cool! I agree with the sentimentality of feeling all sappy over thinking about the actual piece of paper that Khloe's hands touched to make that gift. I'm sure she will treasure it someday as well knowing that her little fingers made that for you thanks to Lindsey. What gifts your journey is filled with! Blessed. Truly blessed!
She's so beautiful! I love the adorable robe. Way to cute. Oh...what a blessing to have the pics and the painting. Benjamin had a special teenager that bonded to him. I will never forget that sweet girl for loving on my baby boy way before I even knew he existed. I tell she was his angel.
What a precious gift wrapped in His love (both of them)
It is an honor and a privilege to battle with you in prayer today. May the Lord simply hold your family close with His healing hand.
And may you be drenched in His unfailing love,
Sarah Dawn
What a wonderful and priceless gift from Lindsey. She sounds like an amazing girl.
OH MY! What a treasured gift in your baby girl's hand prints! Praying her hand will be resting in yours soon!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
INCREDIBLY sweet, OH MY!!
What a fantastic gift those little handprints are!
what a sweet day of surprises!! Khloe will look SO cute in her adorable new bathrobe. The prints are absolutely priceless. Lindsay is certainly a head and shoulders above many her age! What a sweetheart.
It is amazing how much we long for any connection with our babies while they are so far away from us. Everytime I get even an update I feel like I have connected with her in some way. I can not wait to finally touch her for the first time. I know you feel the same.
You are a very blessed mama :)
By the way, I'm a little offended. Shouldn't your sister fall in as BFF before anybody else - even if it IS Rhonda?! ;) I tease, I tease ...
What an amazing gift -- I can't imagine the emotions you were flooded with when you touched those handprints. What a joy to know He is holding her hands until you can!
Kelly
Oh Tanya!! I am SOOO happy that you received your own 'Khloe hand prints'!! You know I love mine, but felt bad that you didn't have it!
The photos of Lindsay & Khloe are so precious :).
Love the monogrammed robe - just darling!!
xoxo
That is so sweet! Love those handprints and hope you are soon holiding Khloe's little hands yourself!
Janet
What an adorable post~ little hands. Be still my heart.
And that robe, she will be styling!
Awe! Guess I'm sappy too 'cause I'm all emotional thinking of you placing your hands over sweet Khloe's handprints.
And that robe is so stylin' & fun!! I can't imagine the closet you must have waiting for her. Waat a thoughtful BFF.
Wow!! What an incredibly special gift!!! This made me cry! So wonderful.
And just for fun....my word verification so that I can submit this comment is "obless". How cool is that!? Oh the blessings the Lord loves to delight us with! :)
Oh you are NOT a sentimental sap... it is so incredibly gorgeous... what a most gorgeous gift...
Wow! That is an incredible gift from Khloe. Priceless :)
And that's a pretty cute monogrammed robe too!
Oh my, is that amazing or is that amazing. It gives me goosebumps, just knowing you can put your hand on the same spot your daughter did.
God is good.
Jill xx
PS - I ADORE the bath robe, she will look so sweet in it!
Oh Tanya, what a blessed day! I do know what a precious piece of paper that is! There is a tangible, physical longing you feel when that baby is on the other side of the world and you ache to hold her. I'm sitting her holding Owen as I read and when I saw this post I just wanted to cry for you...you will hold Khloe soon...but thank God for precious Lindsay knowing what a wonderfully meaningful gift this would be for you! Can't wait to see her in your arms!
Blessings,
Ann
I just can't get over how fortunate you are to get so many pictures and keepsakes. I really have never seen anything like this. WOW.
To respond to your question from Ruthie's blog-
Ruthie is 2 1/2 but only 23 lbs. She was 18 lbs when we brought her home. She could have stayed in her crib for 2 more years but this mom painted a whole room full of white furniture for her before she got home and then we decided to put the mahogany crib in the middle of her room. I just got to the point where it was taking up too much room and was sitting next to her white toddler bed which I loved. So we moved her to the toddler bed and she did GREAT! It was a cosmetic and functional choice for me- not at all a necessary one. I say use the crib and love it. If I could go back, I would not purchase the toddler bed and just would have painted the crib white. Oh well.
What a precious gift. Your daughter is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by my blog, feel free to visit anytime!
Blessings,
Gayly
quiltnmamaquilts.blogspot.com
quilt-n-mama.blogspot.com
Just stopping by to visit. I found you through one of the other adoption blogs that I frequent.
What a precious gift to you . I have tears in my eyes. God is good and soon your daughter will be home and you will have the physical connection.
What an adorable robe for Khloe. I love it!!!
We are adopting from China. Still waiting for the perfect WC SN's match.
Blessings,
Jody
I am in tears...thinking about that piece of paper. Sigh....I would have thought the exact same thing. Oh girlfriend....I know this is so hard. You are so blessed to get all of these pictures and glorious things....she will be home....she will be home. God knows all of your needs and Khloe's and I will not cease in prayer for both of you. Love you.
What a darling bathrobe! Don't you just love it when someone surprises you like that? (smile)
oh my gosh, how did I miss this post! What a super sweet and thoughtful gift! I'm telling you..those New Day people are the BEST! :)
How long have you been waiting for LOA? Seems like it's time to GO already! I do remember that you have a unique story...that you haven't shared :)
I learned this when we were adopting Josiah...TCIGT...it stands for To China In God's Timing.
Please Lord, let it be soon!
Great photos!!! Wow, you must be pumped!
Khloe looks so happy!!
New Day is an absolute blessing to all these precious children, and to all the families that have the privilege to adopt a child who has been taken care of so well by the loving staff there.
How long before you travel??? I bet you're counting the days.
Have a great week =)
This is my first visit to your blog. How WONDERFUl to have a connection to someone who has spent time with your daughter! How thoughtful of Lindsay to have tracked you down.
I can only imagine how much you will treasure the handprints.
the fingerprints!!! HOW AMAZING! what a special gift to have!!! and i get chills thinking about you placing your hands over those little hands dreaming of your sweet girl.
thank you for the comment on my blog : ) yes, i know, i am just an awful blogger these days!! but thanks for being faithful to it and checking in every once in a while : )
the boys that were kidnapped were never found. breaks me heart. i hate it. it was said that the kidnappers were two WHITE people. in fact it looked like they were a young couple. which makes it even more sad for me. cause now none of those boys will trust white men the same. we'll never know the circumstances but all we can do is continue to pray for the boys.
have a blessed week!
lex
Oh my gracious what a beautiful gift box to receive!! Love anything monogrammed!!
Packing up my computer to leave the hotel in Moline and saw your comment on Colorblind...and had to laugh about how you think I'm not a tongue-ring kind of girl...so I had to tell you - thank you for the laugh! Probably will make me giggle all day long...
xo
This will ALWAYS be special to you!!! I got a bag full of Myas preschool projects & they mean SO much to me - HEr life before ME (;
HOW amazing & special...I am so thrilled for you!
Both those gift are so thoughtful and precious! What great friends you have!
what a great surprise! love the idea of framing the handprints.
What a beautiful blog and family.
Post a Comment