Sunday, December 20, 2009

Deck the Halls!

Like many, we too have been busy decorating our house for Christmas. We will be traveling some, as well as hosting a gathering in our home ...So it's an added incentive to make things festive and inviting!

The family room ~ a.k.a. "Gathering Grounds"
...we will need to add one more stocking next year!!The entry way/staircaseThe glider/ottoman for Khloe's room...can't wait to rock her in it!!The ledge above the front entry door.
I haven't put up our Christmas village in a couple of years, so the family was excited to finally see it up again. It will likely be a 'temptation' to the little hands of my nieces and nephews that will be coming for the holidays...but hopefully they will learn to just 'look' and not touch! ;) We also put our tree down in our family room this year, instead of the formal room, so it was fun to change things up a bit! Though it required some moving around of furniture that left for a 'less than perfect' arrangement for this picky home stager... but it will allow more room for the many family members that will be gathering to open gifts, so I'll just have to deal with it this way a little longer... (I guess it's really not that bad anyway!!) And moreso, we are just excited to have family coming to share it with us!


Amidst it all, Khloe is ALWAYS in our thoughts. No matter what I do, I'm thinking of her and how she will be here for all of this next year. I truly cannot wait! Though I know Christmas will still be very special this year, there's definitely a little void without her here. But I am very glad to know that NewDay is having some special gatherings of there own ...and that our little Khloe even got to help decorate their tree!! :)

We have also begun our Christmas baking...which is always a great deal of fun! These spritz cookies are almost gone already... but we will be baking many more goodies in the days to come!! :)

Praying that you all are enjoying the many joys of the holiday season in your home. And may you also take time to reflect and remember that Jesus is the most important REASON for the SEASON!!!

Merry Christmas and God Bless!! <><

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government will be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace." ~ Isaiah 9:6

18 comments:

Tara Anderson said...

Looks like you've got the preparations for a picture-perfect holiday!!! Your house looks beautiful, and so do those cookies! I know you can't wait to have another stocking hanging on the mantle. I was tempted to go ahead and order another one this year, but Andrew made me wait! :) The pictures of Khloe decorating the tree are precious, and I know she's going to have so much fun opening all the presents you sent! I hope you get lots and lots of pictures of that!!!

Merry Christmas and lots of love!
Tara

Naomi said...

Oh so beautiful!! The house looks so inviting that I think we all want to come for the gathering:)!!! And I love how you include one of what Khloe is doing on the other side of the world!!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!!

melissa said...

Tanya -
Your home looks beautiful and so festive! When looking at your mantle I though right away, next year Khloe will have a stocking hung right there with you all! Such a cute picture of her decorating the tree :).
I have baking on my to do list today & tomorrow and most likely the next day!
xoxo

melissa said...

Tanya -
Your home looks beautiful and so festive! When looking at your mantle I though right away, next year Khloe will have a stocking hung right there with you all! Such a cute picture of her decorating the tree :).
I have baking on my to do list today & tomorrow and most likely the next day!
xoxo

Sherri said...

Tanya,
Your home is just beautiful. I love all the decorations. I wish I lived close to stop by and see it for myself. Very very festive!!

Merry Christmas!! And your very welcome for the Christmas card.

Love,
Sherri

Becca said...

It all looks so beautiful Tanya! Merry Christmas!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, your village is IMPRESSIVE!! My kids all want on so badly ;) I, too, think we will join your for Christmas this year - it is so inviting!!

I know Christmas will be wonderful for Khloe at New Day - they always manage to make the kids feel so special!

Merry Christmas!!

Ashton said...

Oh that looks so festive! Beautiful house!!

(If you ever need headers or anything done (i.e. christmas cards) Just email me and let me know (: {no offense intended} )

Kami said...

Sister - my question is do you have your Christmas cards out yet?! I'm running out of room to hang the cards we receive, and I would like to have yours hanging for more than a day before I take them all down! :) I tease, I tease ...

The house looks great! How wonderful that you have the village set up, too. And you're right, the rearranged furniture allows enough room for us to sleep on the floor on New Year's night. It will be wonderful :)

Miss you - love you - wish that next week would just come so that I can see you. I think I'm having withdrawals ... :)

Catherine Anne said...

Your home is beautiful! Your village is amazing! Merry Christmas!

day by day said...

Wow...that is an amazing village!!! Looks like you are all ready for Christmas in your home!

Merry Christmas to you, Tanya!!!And Merry Christmas to your sweet Khloe!!

love,
~m

Holly said...

Okay, you've got it goin on girl!
And I giggled thinking that next year, your little Christmas village may get, umm...overrun or rearranged by little hands :)
Won't that be fun?
hugs,
Holly

Mandi said...

Tanya your house is beautiful and your village is AMAZING. I used to have one, but have had to put it away until little hands grow a bit. I am sure you have already looked, but there is a really cute picture of Khloe on New Day today of her eating cake.

Merry CHristmas,
Mandi

Gwen said...

Wow! Your house looks so festive and your village is amazing! You are a regular Martha Stewart! :)
Won't Operation Giggle be fun? I hope you get some great photos! And just think, next Christmas Khloe will be HOME! (WAY before next Christmas!!)

sweet momma luv u said...

Tanya,

Wow!! What a festive home you have !! It is so beauiful .... I love your village. I have a couple of houses and just place them on the mantel.

I can't wait for next year as it will be so different for us! I will actually get to decorate the house and have it be festive. The best part though will be having our little emperor!

Won't it be fun to add a stocking next year! I am waiting until next year to make some new stockings that match with our names on them. That will be 4 and 6 with the dog and the cat!!
Khloe is just such a little angel! I love all of the fun pictures you get!

Merry Christmas dear friend!!
Love, jody

Unknown said...

Wow! That Christmas village is really something--you should charge admission for people to come see it! :) Everything looks beautiful!

3 Peanuts said...

WOW--- the house looks beautiful and those cookies look GORGEOUS! We did not bake this year because f the boys food allergies so I am salivating over those cookies!!!

I know it will be hard without Khloe this year. thinking of you.

Jenna Lou said...

Your home looks beautiful!

I guess missing Christmas this year left me sadder than expected. I'm already looking forward to next year when I can decorate and bake and be with all my lovely family.