Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Photos from Fuzhou!

Well, I figured since my hours are officially 'out of whack' since we've been home, I might as well make use of being awake and do some catching up on our blog.  Seriously, this jet lag on the return has been BRUTAL!  I need to NOT let myself nap with Khloe, so that I can sleep through an entire night without waking up.  Martin made it until almost 3am this morning, and was out the door to work by 3:15.  It was better than his 1:30 am wake-up yesterday!!

I know you have all been checking in, and I apologize for being so far behind.  I seriously do not know how some of you kept up so well with your posts while in China.  I was completely spent at the end of every day, and did not have the mental capacity to blog.  I'm very sorry to have kept you all in such anticipation.  I really did try, but it was so hard.  And for some of the time in Fuzhou, we had internet troubles, so I couldn't blog.  

Anyway, we arrived home safely on Friday, the 28th and enjoyed our first weekend at home as a Family of FIVE!  I will tell you more details about all of that later... but know that everything is going very well!  In the meantime, I need to catch up with my China posts first, and then I'll be back to share how things are going on the homefront!!  :)  I have truly missed you ALL and so appreciated all of your comments, emails and prayers while we were away!  Thanks a bunch... you all are the BEST!!!

The following photos go with our Fuzhou post and are of our first week as a family... including our "Khloe Day!" pictures.  Enjoy!!



Khloe with her nannies before leaving NewDay.

Khloe traveling with her nanny at the airport in Beijing.    

Mama takes a crying Khloe into her arms as Martin signs the guardianship papers ...this was just shortly after arrival to our hotel in Fuzhou.

Our guide, Isabelle, tries to help comfort Khloe.

A 'rough' attempt at our adoption papers photo.

Finally... alone in our room.
  Khloe enjoys playing stickers with Baba (Martin!)

  A tough first night.  SO tired and sad.

And SO a baba's girl!!  Asleep snugglin' with her daddy. 

1st morning with her new family... still a baba's girl!
This is our official "Khloe Day!" or "Family Day!"

...won't leave baba's side.

1st breakfast together as a family... on baba's lap!

Playing bubbles with baba and gege (big brother) ~Dawson!

...bubbles are FUN!  :)

Finally signing our adoption papers!

Baba's thumb-print makes it official!!

Our first family photo with the orphanage director and a nanny.
Khloe broke into tears again.  The room was filled with way too many sad memories from the afternoon before.

Back in our hotel room after signing papers...
Khloe finds comfort in a snack with her jie jie (big sister) ~Breanna!

After the adoption signing, we went to Walmart for some necessities and then grabbed a quick lunch at McDonald's to bring back to our hotel  ...Khloe LOVES french fries!!! 

Dawson comforting his mei mei (little sister)

All tuckered out after an emotional "Khloe/Family Day" morning
...first naptime with her new family.  SO sweet!

Baba comforts Khloe after an emotional wake-up from her nap.

The following evening, after Khloe decides she wants Mama.
Playing in front of the mirror with mama just after bath-time!

On baba's lap, holding mama's hand.

Wednesday morning at breakfast
...the day after Khloe decided that mama was okay! 

Playtime with mama!

A stroll along the lake on a rainy day.
(Our hotel is the tall building, directly behind us.)

Keeping our "princess" dry!  :)

Dawson and Breanna pose in front of a native tree.

We had a small Brunswick bowling alley in the basement level of our hotel ...Breanna and Dawson had a lot of fun with this!

...there are some things in China that say "Made in the USA" !!!

Our girl likes her potato chips... She snagged the entire bag off the table and didn't want to give it up!    ;)

Have I mentioned how CUTE she is!?!?!?!


Our last day in Fuzhou (Friday) ...Khloe enjoys playing on her stroller.  She filled it up with her toys and pushed it around the room.  She was all smiles this day!

I mean SERIOUSLY... how adorable is she in her Lilly outfit!?  She looks like a little school girl.  TOO cute!

Our last 'room service' meal in Fuzhou!

...now onto Guangzhou, for the FINAL leg of our trip!!!

29 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I have been checking on you each day! The most important thing as to spend time with Chloe....not blog:) lol

She reminds me of Lottie because when Lottie would cry or play really hard she would sweat through her head:) She still does that!

Oh Tanya...she is so so precious and her smile is contagious! I continue to pray for attachment and bonding for all of you. She seems to be adjusting pretty well for her age don't you think?

As for sleeping? Well, that just takes a little time for all of you to adjust. For us we had to pick a "D" day and force ourselves, including Lottie, to stay away all day and then we collapsed that evening and all of us slept through the night. But that was a couple of weeks after we came home. It is really a tiring trip and for the record I did not blog at all...Greg did:) But since Lottie wouldn't let Greg hold her he had more opportunity to blog. So don't feel bad for us!!! You look beautiful with your newest daughter!!!!!!!!!!!! Love you!!!

Courtney said...

Glad to hear you guys arrived home safely and things are going well. She is adorable.

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

Dear Tanya,

I am so excited to follow you and read about your trip to Fuzhou! We are waiting on LOA for our daughter living in Putian city. We will be staying at the same hotel as you and walking around the same lake probably sometime in August. Our daughter will be three on Aug 8.

You daughter is just precious and seems to have done so well. I well remember the jet lag issues as well. It just takes time. I think we were back to normal around 3 weeks. Just have to take it one hour at a time. :)

So thankful you all are home and adjusting. Can't wait to read more!!!

Blessings,
Sharon

Becca said...

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures! Khloe is an absolute doll! I have enjoyed reading your blogs. What an answer to prayer that Khloe is "ok" with you. I mean who wouldn't be?! :) By the way-I never realized how much Dawson looks like Martin and of course I've said it before but Breanna looks like you! You all look so wonderful. I can't wait to read about Khloe's first time back here in the USA (HOME!).

Gretchen said...

So glad you are home! Now the fun begins! I get the jet lag. I had none on the way there, but after we got home it kicked my butt for a week and a half. I got sick too. Just know it will end and you will feel normal again.

Love you!

Katie said...

Jet lag is terrible!!!! Keeping you all in our prayers. What a beautiful family!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, Tanya! What a first week with Miss Khloe! It sure looks like she had her share of grieving - I am so glad that she didn't wait long before she discovered that Mama was Okay too :)

I love all her Matilda Jane outfits! I KNEW she'd be gorgeous in them!

Sherri said...

She is such a cutie! So glad you guys made it home. It took me about two weeks to feel like myself after I went to China with my friend Tara to pick up her daughter...good luck! We are praying for you all!

Sophie said...

What a beautiful little dolly she is and such beautiful family photos. Tanya they brought tears to my eyes as I recall memories of bringing home our daughter from Guatemala. Give yourselves time, she will go through a mourning process but the good thing is she is still so young it will pass quickly. She is blessed to have a loving family.

Tara Anderson said...

I feel like I should write a comment a million paragraphs long, but there is no way to get the feelings of my heart out "on paper". To say that I am SO happy for you is an understatement. To say that it brings me joy unspeakable to see Khloe with you is putting it mildly. I am so thankful that you all made it HOME safely...try to sneak in a picture of Khloe in her room somewhere down the road, if you can. :) Love you lots!!!

Andrea said...

LOVE the updates and the pictures. She sure is a beauty! Thank you for sharing. Welcome home, prayers for a continued smooth transition.

Shannon said...

OH!!! Welcome Home!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have checked everyday for updates and even if there wasn't one it was a good reminder to pray for you guys!
The pictures are beyond adorable, she looks so secure with you guys already! Praise God!!!!!!
Go and rest and enjoy yoru new family of five :) We will all be here whenever you have time to update. But by all means go and enjoy Khloe, you have waited so long!!!!!!!
Hugs,
Shannon

The Ferrill's said...

Oh Tanya I love all thepics of Khloe...she is ADORABLE!
Praying for quick relief from jet lag! It will come!

Proud Parents of Halainah Grace said...

Welcome Home!! I have missed you terribly. I have had your family on my mind since the day you left wondering how you were all doing. First, let me say that Khloe is absolutely beautiful. Especially in her Matilda Jane. I cannot believe the transformation from the sad, frightened little girl in your first set of pictures, to the happy, vibrant little girl in the last few pictures. Isn't God amazing? Khloe needed to grieve the lose of her China family. But was able to bond and feel secure with her forever family in no time at all. God is great. I certainly feel for your family and the jet lag. It took us just about 4 weeks to feel a sense of normalcy again. I never knew jet lag could be that bad especially since going there wasn't so hard. I can't wait to read more about your trip. I am so excited that you are finally home and get to start the rest of your lives together.
God Bless,
Deanna & Halainah

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Tanya, so happy to hear you are home and Khloe is wonderful! What a fun time it is doing the baby girl thing again hu?? I so LOVE it!! But most of all just having a little one in the house again. Nothing sweeter! Khloe looks like she is doing fantastic judging by the smiles on her little face. I am so happy! you know we told ourselves we would not go to sleep when we got home until it was sleep time for the U.S. We did not sleep the entire flight other than a little nap and then we arrived home around 2 and did not go to bed until 10. We never had Jet lag, it just took a couple days to not feel so tired. Then with all her night terrors we were tired anyway but thats another story haha. Love seeing you home. Will pray the sleep gets back to normal soon! Hugs, Mary

Kim said...

Welcome Home! We've missed you in blogland. But I TOTALLY understand the pains of jet lag from China. UUGGHH!
I absolutely love all the photos and the updates.
Thank you for sharing this precious time with us!
Praising God for His faithfulness!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim

Anonymous said...

I've tried to be patient and check everyday to see if you have updated. I knnow everyone is adjusting to time and new family configurations. All of the photos are so great and will help you preserve what will soon seem to be ancient memories.

Khloe is precious and so cute in the photos. I hope one day to see the little girl I sponsor at New Day find a forever home with such a loving family.

day by day said...

Pictures....YAY!!!! As I was looking through your post, Ella came over to look at the pics and she said, "awww....she is a cutie"! She sure is!!!

I can't believe you are home already. Hope all is going well and that the jet lag lets up soon. I know it can be rough!

take good care!
love,
Michelle

A Brothers said...

Jenny M and I were talking Sunday night and said "they have to be home by now!" It is so good to see pictures. Khloe is absolutely adorable! As are all your kiddos. I love seeing the transformation a week or two makes. Everyone looks happy. The time adjustment can be hard for some people, but hang in there...it gets better! Love seeing everyone together!
Blessings,
Joy

Gwen said...

So glad to see this update and to hear that things are going well! Jet lag is no. fun. but every day will get a little better!
Try to take it easy and get some rest-- I'm sure Khloe will keep everyone hopping! :)

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you guys arrived home safely:) Get some sleep and spend precious time with your precious girl!

Blessings, Ashley

melissa said...

Welcome home Tanya!!! Love seeing all these photos of your precious girl. So sweet how Khloe loves her baba (but I'm glad that she has warmed up to you too!!) ;)
She looks darling in her Lilly - I think pink is her color!! :) ... the Matilda Jane outfit is adorable too.
I received an email from New Day about Khloe's adoption and of course, I had to respond saying that I knew all about it, as well as 'know' her wonderful mama!!
Also, I have a welcome home gift for Khloe and will get that off to you next week!
So, so happy for you, Tanya, continued blessings to you and your family of FIVE!!
xoxo

Melinda said...

I am so happy to see Khloe finally in your family! What an amazing journey it has been! I am so blessed to have been able to witness it!

The first fews weeks are hard. It takes some time to find a new routine and adjust. Take it slowly and enjoy every moment of bonding and attaching as a family of five!

I will continue to lift yor family up in prayer. Welcome home!

sweet momma luv u said...

Welcome Home!! You are way ahead of me posting etc... and we've been home for 2.5 months! You go girl!! Ah yes sleep deprivation is not fun. We are still going through Jon Jon waking up at night. Mom is getting tired and is not napping with him. Too much to do!! Khloe is precious and so sweet. The attachment can take a really long time. Will pray for you all and hope you continue ot pray for us too!

Hugs dear friend!
Jody

Jenna said...

Glad to hear you are home and doing well....besides the jet lag! LOVE the pictures!!

She really is ADORABLE!!!

donnie said...

I was in the hallway when her nannies were telling her who these strange-looking people were "This is Mama and this is Baba and this id GeGe" she looked very confused oh! sweet baby girl the next few days are going to be hard leaving your friends & your Nannies & everything you know but if you only knew what he has planned for you a new life with a new wonderful family in a new land and you will adjust and you will be happy Wo Ah Ni Baby Khloe YEYE

Valerie and Jeff said...

THANK YOU for the update and photos! They are SOOO good and don't apologize for not having time/ability to blog while in China ... oh my goodness, I cannot imagine fitting that in!!! It's good to hear about it now when you are home :-)
Hope the schedule returns for everyone and that things keep going well. Khloe is absolutely adorable and fits so well with her beautiful family!!! And if her clothes get any cuter she is going to need 2-3 closets! :-)
Blessings!
Valerie
P.S. We're just returning from up-North so I'm wayyyyy behind. I could type so many better and longer things to say. It is SOOO good to hear from you on your travels! Sorry for my lack of words ... but I did think of you often on our trip and continue to send good thoughts your way!!

trustandobey said...

Oh Tanya,
She is darling! Hope all is going well in the adjustment phase. Love seen this little one with her family!!!
May God bless you all,
Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Tanya!!!!!! Congratulations!!! I cannot even tell you how beautiful she is. I now re-entry is really hard. I did not travel so I was refreshed but my boys were not. Hang in there, sweetie. I am praying for you all.