I know that several of you have been waiting to hear about all that the Lord is doing in our lives right now, so I will do my best to update you while respecting a new request from our agency. As you know, the past week has been a roller-coaster ride for us. From finding out that "she" was supposed to be put back on the shared list after her first referral was declined by the agency/family that had her locked. And thank God that it was, or we likely would not have even known that "she" was already on the shared list until it was too late. With a TON of help from our agency, we literally ran through our remaining paperwork last week, and by Friday we had set our appointment for our homestudy with our social worker. By Friday evening I received 2 emails from different people at our agency with some "homework" for the weekend, that we needed to have completed by Monday (yesterday). In one of those emails, was this request:
Given the unique circumstances in your adoption and the tendency among waiting parents to communicate online (via blogs, listservs, forums, etc.), I’d like to request that you refrain from posting details of your situation publicly in order to avoid misunderstandings among other adoptive parents waiting for a referral. Your wait and process will be significantly shorter and not representative of the typical process. I hope you understand and I’d be happy to discuss this further with you.
I can understand their concerns, as I know our situation isn't the least bit typical. And it is important to me that I respect their wish. I will still post when I have news, but it will be a little more vague and in much less detailed. But I couldn't just cut this off cold turkey and leave all of our faithful followers and prayer partners just hanging. I think most of you already know that our situation is pretty unusual and should not be referred to as what is typical in this process. But I wanted to make that disclaimer, just incase. I'm still not certain of many of the details myself, but what I will tell you is that our homestudy went well and our weekend homework (PA and LOI) were already translated and submitted. So that should answer the main question that I know everyone is dying to hear: Yes!...our agency located her file and it was granted to them with the understanding that they have our translated paperwork to them before the end of Tuesday (today!). I received confirmation this afternoon that it was submitted and hopefully we will hear back from the CCAA within a couple of weeks. Please continue to lift us up in prayer for the rest of our process and for favor with the CCAA and the USCIS.
I'm so grateful to everyone who has been praying for us! It means more than I know how to express in words. The support has been a great blessing to me and has helped sustain me through this very intense and stressful time. With last week being particularly emotional, I was delighted when I received this special gift from my little sister Kami, in the mail on Friday. I think she was bound and determined to ruin my makeup that day!! :) She sent me an adorable pair of pink and white maryjanes with a very encouraging letter and scripture. Such a sweet gesture and it really touched my heart and lifted my spirits. Thanks Kam!!
Given the unique circumstances in your adoption and the tendency among waiting parents to communicate online (via blogs, listservs, forums, etc.), I’d like to request that you refrain from posting details of your situation publicly in order to avoid misunderstandings among other adoptive parents waiting for a referral. Your wait and process will be significantly shorter and not representative of the typical process. I hope you understand and I’d be happy to discuss this further with you.
I can understand their concerns, as I know our situation isn't the least bit typical. And it is important to me that I respect their wish. I will still post when I have news, but it will be a little more vague and in much less detailed. But I couldn't just cut this off cold turkey and leave all of our faithful followers and prayer partners just hanging. I think most of you already know that our situation is pretty unusual and should not be referred to as what is typical in this process. But I wanted to make that disclaimer, just incase. I'm still not certain of many of the details myself, but what I will tell you is that our homestudy went well and our weekend homework (PA and LOI) were already translated and submitted. So that should answer the main question that I know everyone is dying to hear: Yes!...our agency located her file and it was granted to them with the understanding that they have our translated paperwork to them before the end of Tuesday (today!). I received confirmation this afternoon that it was submitted and hopefully we will hear back from the CCAA within a couple of weeks. Please continue to lift us up in prayer for the rest of our process and for favor with the CCAA and the USCIS.
I'm so grateful to everyone who has been praying for us! It means more than I know how to express in words. The support has been a great blessing to me and has helped sustain me through this very intense and stressful time. With last week being particularly emotional, I was delighted when I received this special gift from my little sister Kami, in the mail on Friday. I think she was bound and determined to ruin my makeup that day!! :) She sent me an adorable pair of pink and white maryjanes with a very encouraging letter and scripture. Such a sweet gesture and it really touched my heart and lifted my spirits. Thanks Kam!!
So right now we are still moving full speed ahead with more and more paperwork. Currently it is our I-800A forms for the CIS. Though the papers never seem to end and filling them out can be a bit daunting at times, I am SO grateful that we are still moving forward. It's a far cry from where I was just one week ago today. I am in complete and utter "awe!" of all that has happened and know that "HE" is the ONE who is in control...and to GOD BE THE GLORY! So I am just taking everything one day at time and leaving the rest in my Lord's hands. He will lead the way to our daughter, of that I'm certain!! And right now he is using the wonderful staff at our agency to hold our hands as we "run" through this race to the finish line! Please keep the prayers coming... HE is definitely hearing them!! <>< God bless!


















12 comments:
wow things are really moving along fast. I'm so happy for you!
It's amazing to see the power of God in action!
Tanya,
Praise God! I was so happy to read your post. You have been in my thoughts and prayers. One thing that I have learned along my journey is every miracle has it's own mountains. So not every adoption goes the same way. But always in the end is God's faithfulness that he will provide and lead the way. I cannot wait until you bring your special miracle home. I'm looking forward to following your journey in China!
With much happiness for your family and God Bless!
Deanna
WOW, Praise GOD!!! I am so excited for you ALL!!
Thanks for keeping us updated :)
Oh WOW Tanya...Praise the Lord!!! I'm so happy your agency found her file and the CCAA granted it to your agency. As I've said, God's hand is so apparent in all this...thanks so much for sharing this story as it continues to unfold.
OX~Tam
Thank you so much for leaving a comment on our site! I always wonder who is checking in with us! We have MN relatives so it was neat to hear from someone up North. I read through your blog and am so excited for your family and the journey that you are on. Someday maybe we'll be there ... but somehow I don't know if that's the role we'll fill (I will continue to pray though) ... and I do know that whatever HIS desire is, it will be fulfilled.
I already have in my head who you may be praying for as a daughter and if it is her, oh I am SO hopeful for you all! Well, okay, I pray for anyone that may be adopted, but I realize how quickly and deeply you can fall in love with a particular child especially when you feel God's guiding and confirming hand in it all. If it is the girl I am thinking of I prayed for her situation earlier this Spring. Oh how awesome God works! I look forward to following your blog.
Becker, MN ... I heard they have some good furniture stores up there? My brother-in-law in Grand Rapids said we should go there to look for our China Cabinet that's been on my wish list for the 9 years of our marriage. (Somehow I think I'd be happy to put that China cabinet on hold for another 9+ years and deal with other things China! Best to you and your journey!
Valerie.
Praise the Lord!!! He is so faithful, and you are giving him all the Glory! I am beyond excited for you, and can't wait to see your little peanut in her new mary-janes!!!
Tanya,
Praise the Lord! I have been waiting for you to give an update, and what an update it is. I will continue to pray for you, your family, and "her."
Just remember, His timing is the perfect timing.
Blessings,
Mandi
I am so excited for you and that the Lord is moving you towards your little girl! I will be praying for you and I am so thankful for all the prayers and support you have given to us during our journey!
Naomi
Tanya,
You know how I feel and how I stand in AWE today of what God has revealed in your life. You are RIGHT that this is THE time that satan will TRY to attack you and he will be persistent and sly -remind him daily, OUTLOUD that he holds nothing over you and that JESUS is your stronghold!!
satan is powerful, but GOD is more so!!!! And look how HE desires to bless you, to bless your family!
Love & Hugs,
Sara
Tanya,
I am so excited to see how God is working in your lives. I will keep praying for you. I am so happy for you.
Love,
Angela
Hey there sweet sister,
I'm so glad that you sent out that email and updated your blog, as getting in touch with you while I'm here hasn't been easy! What a blessing it all is to have moved so quickly - clearly God has you all in His hands and is taking you on the paths that He has set for you. I'm really happy to hear that the family is all so very excited!
By the way, I loved Dawson's comment about how she has a big head like him! :)
Love you!
Tanya, that is exciting news that things are moving along. I cannot wait to get 'the details' and see her sweet face!
And thanks for the sweet comments about our girls' dance pics. Alexis's teachers are always saying she has 'nice lines'...she's worked hard. Proud mama. :)
Post a Comment