Since many of you enjoyed the video I posted of Khloe on my previous post, I thought I'd give you another. This was actually taken the end of September, but too cute not to share, and shows her more casual 'focused' side!
Khloe thoroughly enjoys helping Mama in the kitchen. And naturally, one of her favorite things to do is bake cookies. This is the story of how the 'mystery' cookies came to be. Enjoy!! :)
*Note: Be sure to pause the music 'ipod' on my side bar before viewing. And as always, you can see the still photos in full-size slideshow by clicking on one to enlarge it.
I'm typically a 'make-it-from-scratch' baker and prefer not to use pre-packaged mixes. But occasionally do purchase a box cake mix for the sake of time. However, I do not recall ever purchasing cookie mix before. Until now...
As you may have already figured out by the video, Khloe somehow managed to grab this box off a shelf or display while we were shopping, and get it into the cart and through the check-out without Mommy noticing ...UNTIL I got home and unpacked the grocery bags. A little confession from Khloe quickly let me know who the culprit was!! ;)
But as it turned out, it was the perfect little mix for her, as she was able to do many of the steps by herself. Pretty much fool-proof and reminded me a bit of those little mixes that come with the E-Z Bake Ovens that have been around for decades now.
Anyway, Khloe likes to call these times in the kitchen with mama, "cooking school" ~ so we enjoyed a little baking lesson this particular fall day. With a little homemade buttercream frosting and some sprinkles, they were actually pretty tasty, and we have since picked up another box to make together in the near future! :)
Oh how I treasure these simple times with my little assistant. She is already growing up TOO fast for this mama ...and is as sweet as the cookies she's baking!
If you are ever in the area and want to stop in for a visit, give me a call first so we can be sure to have some special cookies waiting upon your arrival! ;)


















10 comments:
She takes my breathe away...look at that little baker. Sam, use to do that with me..and I can't wait for Emma to help. And if we're ever in the area, I will be sure to let you know. We were there back in 2006 for the East meets West conference in Oct - beautiful place and I love the Mall of America.
Wish I could pop over for a visit and a Khloe cookie!! She is pure sweetness!
Oh my goodness... she is too cute. Have I mentioned how weird it is for me to hear her talk in English?
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Blessings,
Anneli
Most adorable baker I have ever seen! I'm sure it was delicious~ I can just smell it now!!! Blessings to your sweet family and Happy Thanksgiving!!! XO
Oh my goodness, she is an absolute doll! For some odd reason the volume is not working on my computer so I'm bummed I can't hear her talking :(
She is precious, have a blessed Thanksgiving!
very very cute!
Wow..she looks like quite the little baker there. Yum!!!
How sweet .. 'cooking school'!! And Khloe is the cutest little baker!!
Oh .. and I forgot .. hearing her sweet voice!!!! Adorable!
Is it not a hoot that she has on JEWELRY while she bakes?! What a funny girl! I would totally use a cookie mix - the kids don't seem to mind a bit :) as long as there are sprinkles! I love her scarlet threads apron, right?
Khloe is too beautiful!!
Post a Comment