Thursday, October 27, 2011

***BOO!***

Did I scare ya?!  ...okay, well, I kinda figured, being it's the end of October and all, if I was gonna make a come-back and scare everyone, now would be the most fitting time!! ;)  Don't anyone pass out on me now!

I know, I know ...it has been a long, LONG time, and I've been a very BAD blogger.  I kind of defaulted to Facebook, and have stayed in touch with a handful of you on there, but it's just not the same, I know.  And I really, really MISS my bloggy friends!  So as for the lack of blogging, there are no real excuses, except for that when you start falling behind, it's hard to know *how/when/where* to jump back in and start again.  So rather than a long post in words, I'll give you a book in pictures to update the past few months, and hopefully I'll be better about keeping up on here after that.  I won't make any promises, except just to say that I'll TRY!!  :)  

So where to start? ~ How about "July" where I left off...

(* you can click on any of the pictures if you wish to see the full-size photo collage.) 

Khloe enjoying some playtime out in the rain.



Rodeo Fun!


Martin's 39th Birthday (Dawson was away at camp)


 Splash'in good times in the pool!  



 We rounded out July with a mini family reunion/camping trip in SE Minnesota.  



 ...camping and horse riding.
Dawson and Khloe preferred the mechanical horse in the grocery store! ;) 



August brought on our 20 year Class Reunion.
  We started out the day with a rainy Family Move & Grove  walk to raise scholarship money.  Thanks to the rain, the turn-out was slim, but we still had fun.  

Our class opted for a casual reunion for our 20th, so later that evening after the rain subsided, we gathered at one of our favorite teenage hang-out spots that we all enjoyed as we were growing up...  Zorbaz on the Lake



It proved to be SO much fun with about 1/2 of our classmates present.  Everyone was thankful for the 'senior photo' name tags I created, as there were a few that would've been tough to identify without them!  ;)  

Top center is my BFF (since the 4th grade!) Rhonda and I.  




 I thought you might enjoy seeing these senior photos of Martin and I 
~ needless to say, we've changed a bit!
(especially me!   I won't even hint at how much weight I've gained since then, but sadly it's obvious!)
  
Naturally, our reunion was even more fun since we both graduated from the same class.  
..."YES" we were high school sweethearts!




 We rounded out the summer with one last family camping trip to 
Itasca State Park in northern Minnesota.    




  Our last full day there, we rented a pontoon to do some fishing and enjoy the scenery.  It was absolutely breath-taking and a great way to end our stay at Itasca.

Khloe loved touching the fish that Breanna caught;
but her favorite part was when Daddy let her drive the pontoon!





As tradition would have it, 
we topped of our getaway with our final stop in Brainerd 
to play mini golf at Pirate's Cove!  
Khloe is still working on her 'technique.'




 
Before I knew it, the big kids were heading back to school!
Dawson is a 7th grader this year, and Breanna is a junior in high school.
Of course I had the kids pose for their annual  "on the front porch"  BTS photos...
Khloe was up bright and early to see them off and wave goodbye!



So I think that about rounds out the summer.  I have a few posts I'd like to add in for memory's sake, so those are yet to come.  But for now, I need to close this 'chapter' of the photo album book and move on.
Thank you to everyone who kept checking in on me over the past several months.  Yes, I'm still here and things are good.  Khloe is blossoming and growing like a weed, as you can see, so I promise to try and get better about keeping up so she doesn't change so much every time you see new photos of her!  I need to be better about journaling my big kids, too.  Breanna will be graduated and off to college before I know it, so I don't want to miss writing about these special years we have left with her at home.  I love my kiddos and I am just so blessed that God seen fit to make me their mom!! 


15 comments:

God Is Enthralled By Your Beauty said...

Hi Tanya,
Thank you for allowing us to get a 'sneak peek' on what you and your beautiful were up to the last few months! I miss Minnesota; for this is the place in which I was rescued by my Savior Jesus! We lived there for 9 months in Chanhassen...back in 2003.
Anyhow, it's awesome to catch up!!! You are beautiful by the way!

Teresa said...

Hi Tanya,
I am writing to you as 'TVR'...but I am also 'GIEBYB'...
Enjoyed your photo album...it's amazing how time flies...even though you haven't kept up with the journaling, these photos have made a great way to visually 'journal'. :)
Again, thank you for allowing your readers to catch up!

Sherri said...

Tanya,

It's so nice to see a post from you. I have looked and looked over the past few months for updates...and nothing. Just yesterday I was showing a 90 yr old lady the wish and quilt square you made for Emma...i'm going to start once again today in putting it together..I really need to do that. Did you see my post on the doll furniture I made Emma? It's beautiful, took about a month to complete the whole set.

And your Khloe as always is just beautiful and is growing up so fast. The pictures you posted are adorable, love all of them.

As far as blogging goes, I know how hard it is to do both...but I prefer to blog. After we bring Emma home, hoping and praying still having her in our arms by Christmas, blogging is where I will be. I myself don't want to do both facebook and this..I'm choosing our blog because it's our lives and journal! And as you know having a baby/small child home - you need to focus on them. Thanks for the update and try and post more if you can. I miss them!

Oh and by the way the BOO did scare me!

love,
Sherri

Naomi said...

Yes we do miss you!!! So lovely to see all pictures over the last few months. Khloe is always beautiful and I love her "wellies" (wellington boots) with the pink socks and black shoes. I almost did not notice what they were!

Hope to see you again with more updates.

Hugs,
Naomi

Tara Anderson said...

Welcome back!!! I've enjoyed keeping up with you you through FB but I didn't realize how much I missed you on here until I saw a new post in my sidebar!

Thanks for catching us up on all the news via your blog...and I absolutely LOVE those retro senior pics of you and Martin!!!

Jboo said...

Great update and photos! Cutest family ever and looks like a fun summer was had by all!

Oh my -- you and the Hubs in high school -- ADORABLE!!!

Janet

Valerie and Jeff said...

Love the photos! Even if it's a big post with a big download of photos all at once it's so good to peek into your summer! (Those boots on Khloe in the rain are too cute btw!)
Now ... you didn't go to school in Grand Rapids, MN did you? I know they ALWAYS have their class reunions end at Zorbas on the lake--Jeff is from GR--not that he's gone to a reunion since meeting me ... but I think he's got one next year. And there were way too many photos that looked like familiar places, maybe that's just MN for ya. Lots of green, trees and lakes? Anyway, loved your beautiful Sr. photo and Martin's 90's stylin' with the grid bkgrd and all. You guys are so sweet. I am always amazed at people who were high school sweet hearts. So cool! And I have to say you both have matured well. (And you're still young uns.) HA!
And don't go just to FB--I'll never keep up, and you know my challenges posting photos there. UG!
Hugs,
Valerie

Kayce said...

Yea! It was nice to see your boo come up on my reader! Looks like you guys had a wonderful and fun summer. Your pictures are fabulous and you captured all the memories perfectly! Your class reunion looked so much fun! Hope the school year is going well for your kiddos.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Welcome Back!!!! I thought for sure you were only going to hit major Holidays!! Looks like a FUN FILLED summer!!!!!! All the kids are growing up and so cute!! Love the first day of school pictures & camping! And OH! The Reunion pics!!! You & Martin were cute together then and you sure are cute now ;)

LOVe the update!!!! Have missed you!

Kristin said...

Love all the pics of your beautiful family! It was so much fun spending time with you this past weekend at WOF and I am hoping we can make it an annual occasion! It is an emotional weekend but I always come away refreshed and refocused! And now I follow your blog so i can keep up on your family inbetween! :)
God bless you today!
Hugs, Kristin

Everything Beautiful Shay said...

SO thankful to read all about your summer~ you had a great one!!! LOVE every single photo~ especially the photos of you two. You all are SO young!!! XOXO

Jewels of My Heart said...

WOW! Now that's a post! Loved all the pics of your beautiful family and your little Chloe is so darling and is growing too fast!
Love you!

Kami said...

I think you're awesome! Now just to update on Women of Faith and how amazing your sister is, and your blog update should be complete! ;)

Love you, sister!

Kristi said...

Well hello there bloggy friend! Good to see you back! So many pictures that I don't even know where to begin on commenting! I think my favorites may be the senior pictures...
My 20 year was this fall, but I skipped it in exchange for a weekend at the beach with our adoption fellowship bible study. 10 adults, 12 kids (5 and under) all in one six room ocean front beach house. It was a blast!
Anxiously awaiting your next catch up post!

andrea said...

your so creative....Love Love Love the collage pictures you put on this post....i feel total caught up with you guys now ;-)
okay martin is 39 OMG i feel really old now, thanks ;)

andrea