Okay, so I'll be the first to admit, that it's been a bit slow coming out of that hibernation!! There is so much I should be posting of our summer and catching up on, but I didn't want to get any more behind than I already am.
Last week was BTS here in MN. It's usually after Labor Day in our neck of the woods. This was a big day for Dawson, as he is now a 6th grader and moved up to the Middle School this year. I often cannot believe how fast the years go by! Seriously, how is it that I no longer have kids in the elementary grades anymore ...wasn't it just yesterday that he was starting kindergarten!?!
Giving her GeGe a big kiss goodbye.
Dawson and (neighbor) Jake, board the bus for BTS!
Dawson was up bright and early Tuesday morning, packed and ready to go, with plenty of time to spare. Which is a good thing, as it is tradition to get those "1st Day of School" photos taken like most moms like to do. This year was different though, as Breanna didn't start back to High School until the following day. Grades 10-12 start a day later so that the new freshman can have their 1st day of high school to themselves, getting used to their new school without the pressure of upper-classmen around. So for the remainder of her high school years, she will get to start one day later than Dawson.
This year was also different for the other, more obvious reason... our Khloe is home! As most of you know, she came home from China on Memorial Weekend, with just four days of the last school year remaining for Breanna and Dawson before summer break, so she truly does not remember them being in school. She's had all summer adjusting to her new home with Breanna and Dawson by her side, so I knew it would likely be a little tough on her, and it was.
Mei Mei (little sister) and Jie Jie (big sister)
Breanna (Day 1 of BTS) and Dawson (Day 2 of BTS)
My kiddos pose for the group shot on Breanna's first day BTS!
Khloe listened to all the chatter about school in the days leading up to it, but I knew she did not grasp the changes ahead. As Dawson prepared to get on the bus that first morning, she was excited to be in the photos with him, but the tears fell when she realized that she was not going to ride on the bus WITH her gege (big brother!) Have I mentioned how much she loves her big brother and sister??!! It definitely helped that Breanna was still home that first day... But the 2nd day when they BOTH went on the bus, proved to be even tougher. Let's just say, there were some BIG crocodile tears! If I hadn't been so busy wiping them away, I would've surely captured a photo of those, too. To make matters worse, Martin was gone Tuesday morning before Dawson even woke up to board a plane to AZ for work. (His first travels since China.) Too many changes in one week for our little one. Then on Thursday, I came down with the flu and had to rely on Mr. TV to babysit and keep her company until the kids got home ...NOT good, but I had no choice. Thankfully the weekend brought us all back together, as Martin returned home and the big kids didn't have school. Just what the doctor ordered!!
Khloe waits for the bus to bring Breanna and Dawson home.
Playing with the big hydrangeas as she waits.
Excited that her big sister is finally back home again!
This new schedule will surely take some getting used to, but Khloe is already understanding that the kids had to go back to school again this morning, and knows that the bus will bring them back home later. There IS trust in that. In the meantime, she will just have to keep busy adjusting to another 'new normal' day/week at home alone with mama!!


















24 comments:
Loved this update, along with all the precious photos... sooooo good to hear from your family!
I can only imagine the adjustment, but I love God's provision of a summer at home with everyone, before introducing the back-to-school routine. What a blessing. I think she'll soon realize that there is beauty in having mommy just to herself all day long while the older kids are at school... she can have her cake and eat it too! Special time with Mommy, then the big kids' homecoming every day :)
I love seeing her pics, sounds like she's doing SO well.
Love you!
Oh my goodness, love sure does look good on Khloe! She is positively radiant in those pictures on the bottom! What a darling outfit.
Sorry to read that the flu had you down when your "reserve team" was away. Hope you are feeling better.
I know you and Khloe will learn to love your one on one mother/daughter time!
We are back to school here, too! Love the pictures-- Khloe's hair is getting so long! :)
We also had the flu here, too. No fun. Glad you're feeling better!
So good to see those pictures! It amazes me how the time has passed since last year's back to school pictures when you were still waiting for Khloe to come home! It's good to see her sending them off this year...though her tears make me sad. :(
Awwww, Khloe must have missed the kids like crazy cakes! I am glad to see that precious smile when they came home!
i WISH our school started after labor Day! That's the way it SHOULD be!!!!
Love, love, love that cutie pie outfit!! That girl could steal my heart smiling like that!
Oh it is so good to see an update!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!
I know she must miss them so much while they are at school...she has adjusted so amazingly well...I am so thankful to Jesus for her adjustment. Love ya girl!
What a precious update and blessing to see Khole's bond with her big brother and sister. And can I say Khole's outfit is beyond ADORABLE!
Love & Blessings from Hong Kong,
Kim
I remember LAST year's FDOSchool post and how you mentioned that next time there would be a little one waving them goodbye! Oh how sweet that she is now home and loves them SO much! I'm sorry that you got the flu and were holding down the fort alone. Why is it all at once for us moms so often?! Oh my!
Also, I LOVE her outfit! I JUST bought some Kaffe Fasset fabric (that would be the top daisy print on the apron outfit) and I have not seen it sewn into clothing until today. How beautiful! Whoever is that seamstress is wonderful with her fabric palette!
Adorable children! Khloe's hair is getting longer! She looks so "home"!
Oh!!! It is a joy to see the smiling faces of your kids. There is such obvious joy there!!! It is beautiful to behold!
Awwww...it's so cool to see Khloe exploring her new world, and bonding with the family. Those pictures are adorable (all your kids are adorable!)
Have a blessed week, and I hope things will slow down for you a bit so you can relax and enjoy the autumn.
So glad she has connected so well with her sister and brother. So glad to see you back again!
I hope they have a wonderful school year. I think I struggle more with back to school than my children...especially this year.
(((hugs)))
Precious pictures and thanks for keeping us posted!
Such beautiful kiddos!! Little miss Kholes looks like she's adjusted so well.
Oh Tanya....Fisrt off dear friend, I think I'VE been slower coming off summer hibernation than you...lol!
I remember Sophie's adjustment, sadness, and loss of security when the boys went off to school last year. She had only been home a few weeks and they were still her main source of security. I think it;s different for Khloe, since you;ve had much more time as a family and as you said, once Khloe KNOWS they are coming back...it makes it easier. I feel for her tender heart though.....these kiddos have been through so much with loss, it makes the new separation that much more raw. I'm sure you'll both enjoy some one on one time while the older ones are in school, and Khloe will come to enjoy her special time with you....she probably already has!
She is so beautiful....and oh, my mouth dropped with that outfit...gorgeous...but not as gorgeous as the trademark Khloe smile;-))))!
I miss you too!!!! Would love to catch up sometime.
Just look at how far you all have come...God is good in all things!!!
OXOX,
Tam
Love this. Thank you. Thanks for sharing all the pictures, as well. They are each so cute. Blessings my friend!
Love the picture of Mei Mei welcoming Jie Jie home. Such a great picture! :)
Kelly
Ah yes...back to school! What precious memories and pictures! Love your posts! Khloe is so adorable! Although Sarah doesn't have a big brother or sister, she had a similiar experience the day my youngest nephew got on the school bus for his first day of kindergarten. She spends three days a week with my nephews and my parents and it was an adjustment for her to watch both her cousins get on the big yellow bus and leave her alone with Grandma and Grandpa!
Khloe is BEAUTIFUL! She looks like she's doing awesome!
Your children are beautiful!! Love the outfit Khloe is wearing.
Tanya,
Your family is really blossoming and Khloe looks so content! Beautiful to see =)
Glad I'm not the only one who has a struggle to keep up with blogs when their little ones come home!! I am truly amazed at some who seem to have infinite time even with a large family!
Happy you're on facebook--so much easier to update quickly and from my phone when I'm in the car waiting for kids at practice or something!
Sarah
Such sweet pictures Tanya! Looks like everyone is having lots of fun with the "new Norm"!
Awww... great update! I love the pictures of Khloe and Dawson. What a sweet big sis and brother!
I think it's awesome that the freshmen get the first day of school without the upper classmates. I wish my high school had done something similar. I was really nervous on my first day of high school. Sounds like a great school district!
love these pictures....how lucky our girls are to have a big brother & big sister that adore the...khloe looks so pretty and happy...God is so awesome how he has chosen these sweet girls to be placed in our families...gosh, how did we get so lucky?
andrea
Post a Comment